About Lake Effect Honey
Amy and Mike Colgan
We are Amy and Mike Colgan. We are avid outdoor folks. We enjoy spending time in the bee yards taking care of our hard-working bees. Amy is a Cornell Master Beekeeper.
When not working with the bees we enjoy growing our food, spending time with our dogs, and occasionally we find time to relax.
Sweet to the last drop
Lake Effect Honey is local raw honey from non-migratory bees in Wayne and Oswego Counties, NY. Our honey is Certified Naturally Grown. Our honey is filtered through a coarse screen to remove bits of wax and bee parts. We do not heat our honey, so all the pollen, amino acids, and enzymes remain intact. Our bees are not migratory, and we do not move them for commercial pollination. You can pick up our honey locally or we can ship it to you.
Our Honey is Certified
- Real honey, with the distinctive flavor of local flowers and blossoms.
- Ethically harvested, leaving enough honey behind to nourish the colony
- Bees raised naturally, without synthetic chemicals or high fructose corn syrup
- From hives with homes, not 18 wheelers
01. Flowers produce nectar and attract our bees
02. Bees collect the nectar and carry it to the beehive
03. Bees seal cells with wax and honey ripens
04. We collect the product and transfer it to the packaging
Raw Unfiltered Honey
Visit Our Honey Shop
Purchase our delicious honey in various sizes and beekeeping equipment at great prices.